MTN Position on Gender and Sexuality
Ministry Training Network holds to the following position with respect to gender and sexuality:
- God has created all human persons equally in his own image and pronounced them good (Gen. 1:26-27, 31).
- God has created two distinct and complementary sexes, male and female, genetically and biologically determined from conception (Gen. 1:27; Matt. 19:4).
- God has created marriage to be an exclusive, lifelong, heterosexual covenant between one man and one woman, representing the spiritual union between Jesus Christ and his church and the only permissible context for sexual relations (Gen. 2:24; Prov. 2:17; Mal. 2:14; Matt. 19:4-6; Eph. 5:22-33).
- The entrance of sin into the world through the disobedience of Adam has introduced brokenness and confusion in the areas of gender and sexuality, but the redemption provided through Jesus Christ is able to restore human beings to God’s original design (Rom. 5:12-19; Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 3:9-10).
- Since all persons are created in the image of God, they should be treated with dignity, respect, and love (1 Pet. 2:17).